As the name suggests, cable waterproof gland can be applied to environments with water to provide safe and reliable connector joints. The most important thing is to achieve waterproof effects. So how to select the waterproof cable gland? What should be paid attention to during use?
It is widely used in the fixing and protection of wires and cables of mechanical equipment, electrical, marine electrical and anti-corrosion equipment.
Tightening and sealing to cables. Tightening means that the cable does not produce axial displacement and radial rotation through the waterproof connector gland, and ensures the normal connection of the cable. Sealing means to isolate water and dust from entering.
(1) Determine the IP protection level that the waterproof gland connector needs to achieve according to the use environment and requirements of the cable gland;
(2) Determine the material and color of the cable gland according to the use environment and requirements of the cable gland;
(3) Determine the thread specifications and thread standards to be used in the cable gland; (Thread standard description: EN60423 metric thread M; DIN40430 German thread PG).
(4) Choose a bayonet range, which is closed to the outer diameter of the cable and about +10% as the specific model;
(5) Under normal circumstances, it is recommended that O-ring seals must be used to reach the IP67 technical standard;
(6) Whether the thread needs to be lengthened according to the thickness of the machine plate;
(7) If it is used in an explosion or combustible gas, explosion-proof joint is required;
(8) If there are electromagnetic compatibility requirements, you need to choose EMC shielded connectors;
(9) Check specifications and parameters.
(1) Waterproof cable joints of different materials are used in different environments;
(2) It is recommended to use a torque wrench to tighten (recommended);
(3) When the requirement above IP65 is required, O-ring seal must be used;
(4) In order to ensure the certain pressure that the joint can withstand, it is recommended to add a jacket tube to strengthen insulation and protection;
(5) In order to ensure waterproof and longer operation, it is recommended to use double-wall glued heat shrink tubing and insulating tubing for reinforcement;
(6) During construction, it is best to use staggered butt connection for the joint lines (that is, the cable does not need to be neatly cut and butt connected);
(7) The self-adhesive tapes (or heat-shrinkable waterproof tapes) should be all high-voltage products to ensure insulation safety.